Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fixed craftbukkit running in background, now server should be up indefinitely

CraftBukkit has strange issues running as a background process compared to other programs (such as the vanilla Minecraft server).  Today I found the magic command to get it running in the background and have confirmed: even if I log out of my ssh connection through which I launched CraftBukkit, the server stays online!  Now, so long as the EC2 instance it's running on is up (and Amazon itself has an internet connection) the server will be up!

Next up in terms of server-side utilities to improve service and automated administration: going to see if I can get a script going to detect the instance itself going down, so that it can spin up a new version of itself in an emergency (before alerting me of course).

EDIT: In case you're a poor soul that somehow ended up here searching for the same problem, here's a link to what resolved the issue for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment